Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

We're back home now. this probably won't be too long as I'm hunting and pecking as I can't push any keys with my left pinky...

Lisa, Ally, and I, along with Lisa's mom and dad, did the Bridge Walk today. What a glutton for punishment I am! My legs hurt more after the 5 mile bridge walk and the 4 miles to get back and forth to the bus and camp than they did after 325 or so miles of riding. They felt fine this morning but were dying this evening... It was a neat experience and I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

I'm feeling better this evening. I was pretty fatigued this afternoon but a dip in the pool wiped that out. Overall, I'm about 5 pounds down from what I was when I left. That would be great if it was all fat but I know a lot of it is dehydration. I did not drink as much as I should have during the ride and today's walk. Hopefully some of it stays off but I'm not counting on it.

All right, here are the totals for the ride:

Day One, 72 miles, 16.5 mph, 4300 calories
Day Two, 84 miles, 15.3 mph, 5100 calories
Day Three, 100 miles, 16.2 mph, 5700 calories
Day Four, 71 miles, 14.8 mph, 4200 calories
Total: 327 miles, 19300 calories

There's a rumor that Mel was already looking for committments for next year, maybe the East route for a change of scenery. I probably will consider it highly but it's too early right now. I don't even want to think about a long ride right now. Plus I need to get some feelings back in my fingers!

Later,
Rob

No comments: