Thursday, August 28, 2008

1st day

Well, the first day is in the books! It went pretty well overall. We went 72 miles today with most of it flat. We averaged about 16.5 mph overall not including our many stops. This is a little faster than I anticipated but we had a tailwind part of the way. We only had about 1400 feet of total ascent so that made for the fast ride. We'll probably have that in two hills on days 3 and 4.

The weather was beautiful with partly cloudy skies and temps in the lower 80's. A beautiful day to ride through the countryside.

I did have one flat tire due to the chip seal so that made life interesting. No SAG vehicle around so I changed my first tire on the road. Most of the roads were good for the most part except for about a five mile stretch that literally shook the life out of me. It was so bad that not only did I have a headache but it exhausted me to the point I was ready to turn off and ride an extra 5 miles out of the way to find decent roads.

Well, I'll sign off for now. Thanks for the prayers and support!

Rob
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect

No comments: